The San Luis Obispo Plein Air show is coming up! This is a great event. The artists have an wonderful variety of subjects to paint, from seascapes, cityscapes, vineyards and of course the town itself. I plan to paint all seascapes, but who knows, I’ve got to paint what inspires me! I’m staying most of the week at Ragged Point, at the very most northern boundary of San Luis Obispo county, just south to Big Sur. Here’s a list of events during the week:
O C T O B E R 0 3
- All Day: Festival artists paint throughout sanluis obispo County.
- 11 am – 5 pm: “50 x 50” exhibits the colorful, diverse painting styles of this year’s 50 festival artists.
- 5 pm: twilight in the vineyards: enjoy private tasting tour of two edna valley boutique wineries, watch talented painters and relax over an elegant dinner. $75 ticketed event.
O C T O B E R 0 4
- All Day: Festival artists paint throughout san luis obispo County.
- 3 – 5 pm: Kids paint out, nearby Mission plaza lawn.
- 7 pm: plein air painting demo, Museum of art.
O C T O B E R 0 5
- All Day: Festival artists paint throughout san luis Obispo County.
- 7 pm: Movie night, documentary films on plein air painting, Museum of art.
O C T O B E R 0 6
- All Day: Festival artists paint throughout San Luis Obispo County.
- 7 pm: painters and poets, poets read poems created while shadowing painters on location, Museum of art.
- 6:30 – 8:30 pm: Farmers Market, one block from the Museum of art.
O C T O B E R 0 7
- 1 – 3 pm: Collectors luncheon, the first opportunity to view and purchase exhibit paintings. enjoy anelegant Kevin Main Jewelry / novo sponsored affair followed by wine and dessert at the Museum of art. $100 ticket applies in full to artwork purchased at the Festival exhibit.
- 6 – 9 pm: art after dark, the public opening of the exhibit and sale, promises brisk sales, but no bare walls here! as paintings sell, replacements take their place.
- 7 pm: exhibit awards presentation by juror libby tolley.
O C T O B E R 0 8
- 9 – 11:30 am: quick draw paint out, one block radiusof Museum includes Mission plaza and historic downtown.
- 12 – 2:30 pm: quick draw exhibit and live auction, Mission plaza amphitheater.
- 10am – 5 pm: Festival exhibit and sale continues to evolve throughout the weekend. stop by several times to see and purchase new artwork, Museum of art.
O C T O B E R 0 9
- 10 am – 4 pm: exhibit and sale continues, free admission, Museum of art.
View complete San Luis Obispo Plein Air information flyer (PDF)
I haven’t decided what to bring as my “preview” piece for the museum, but here’s last years, which sold 🙂 BTW, if you like this painting, this painting of the same area is available here. I’m willing to negotiate an unframed price. Let me know if you’re interested.